Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Milwaukee Zoo

I even found gardens at the zoo. LOL. We took the boys to the zoo while their grandma visited. We had a great time there. In their petting zoo area they have a farmland exhibit, and a butterfly garden. I have a lot of the plants they have in this garden, but I was excited to see they have the "weed" I let grow on the corner of my property. Of course, all the plants had labels, except this one. I even climbed in between the plants to try and get a closer look.
This is the butterfly garden area:



It's my dream to someday have a log home. I saw this landscaping outside the log structure that houses the entrance to the wolf exhibit, and I had to take a picture of it for later planning. :)

This lake is on one side of the zoo. The moose, deer, elk, caribou, peacocks, and bears have their exhibits near this body of water. I love how natural it feels in this area.

The showstopper for me is always this train. Isn't it COOL? They have giraffe's like this, too. They used to be at the entrance to the zoo, but they moved them, and I forgot to get their pictures. Very creative. :)


Much, much more to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice blog. I hope you will create another post like this.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

I love all the pictures. That train is adorable(-: