Sunday, July 20, 2008

Olbrich Botanical Gardens

While up in Madison enjoying the free Henry Vilas Zoo one afternoon, I had to drag my mom into the Botanical Gardens for a quick look at the roses there. I knew they'd be at or around peak, and I didn't know when I'd get up there again to take a look.
On the way back out to the car I could not help but notice how amazing these containers were!
At one of the entrances to the rose garden Captain Samuel Holland frames an arbor walkway.



The rose garden itself had some beautiful companion plants.

Here are a few roses that caught my eye.
Gypsy Carnival:
Honey Purfume:
Tahitian Sunset:

VooDoo:

Guy De Maupasssant:
Wild Blue Yonder:
Cherry Parfait:
Betty White:

Happy Gardening!

1 comment:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

what a beautiful place. I would love to visit there!!!