Monday, April 27, 2009

If only it would stop raining...

I could get outside and enjoy the first real blooms of the season! It's been pouring here for days, and the ground is saturated. I've stepped out between showers to stral a few pictures of the blooms. It's finally tulip time!

Pasque flowers just keep on coming.
These pansies never died this winter; they stayed green, and pushed up blooms before I could even buy new ones at the store. They are backed by Sedum 'blue spruce' and 'angelina.'
Daffodils! Last year Walmart clearanced a bunch of spring blooming bulbs who had passed their prime for $.30-.80 cents. These were a steal, and they are so beautiful!
Bleeding heart, so full of promise, and so quickly!

Muscari blooms opening up.
I found this mum for $3 this spring. The pinky-salmon color just stole me.

Hope you have many bright blooms in your gardens, too.
Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Pretty Spring blooms!!!! Send that rain this way... we need rain really bad here! I know how hard it is though when it rains and rains and all you want to do is get outside!!!! Just think how everything will grow with that lovely rain(-: Happy Friday!!!
CiNdEeS' GaRdEn

Jamie Rex said...

That for sure--everything grew so much this last couple weeks with all the rain. :) I have been going out in the rain, I just can't stay out of the garden. :)