Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hot Colors!

Having a gloomy, rainy, and cold weekend here in southern Wisconsin. EDIT: IT SNOWED HERE FOR TWO HOURS! Saw snow falling in the town we are moving to in Minnesota. I've been under the weather, and spending a lot of time with my blank garden journal and my gardening books and magazines, planning the garden I will planting at our rental house! The house we've signed a lease with has flower beds all around the backyard that need cleaning up, according to the landlord, and he doesn't mind if I rip up some grass and make my own beds, too. There a veggie bed there, too. I could not be more thrilled!! i know I'll have to show some restraint, but atleast I get to keep my plants. My focus right now has been designing combinations. I have a lot of color in my garden- from echinacea, dahlias, clematis, roses, lilies... lots of different hues. I thought I'd brighten our winterish day with some HOT colors from last years garden.







And this visions Astible isn't actually "hot," but it is definately electric!


Happy gardening!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Your dahlia's are awesome!!! The cactus ones are my fav. I have some Astilbes about to bloom for the first time, can't wait to see what color they are.

Jamie Rex said...

Thank you! I added 7 more to my collection this spring from an online nursery. I am also so thrilled I had 100% survival rate on my tubers from last year. Here in the cold northern winters we have to dig every tuber up and store them until around June 1st!